- 30 minutes | $65
- 45 minutes | $80
- 1 hour | $95
- 75 minutes | $110
- 90 minutes | $125
- Hotstone Massage (75 mins) | $135
- Physiotherapy Assessment & First treatment (60 mins) | $78
Uses soothing strokes and kneading techniques to decrease muscle tension and to increase relaxation. Beneficial for those who want to de-stress and a great treatment for those who are experiencing massage for the first time.
- Shortens recovery time from muscular strains by flushing the tissues of lactic acid, uric acid, and other metabolic wastes.
- Increases circulation.
- Has a soothing effect on the nervous system.
Warm, smooth stones are used to soothe tired muscles, increase circulation and boost the immune system. Beneficial for those who want a deeper relaxation experience.
- Improves circulation and calms the nervous system.
- Is suited to people who tend to feel chilly or who have cold feet.
- It’s also suited for people who have muscle tension but prefer a lighter massage. The heat relaxes muscles, allowing the therapist to work the muscles without using deep pressure.
A special prenatal table is used for the expectant or postpartum mother, the therapist uses modified techniques and positioning to treat those aches and pains that can arise during or after pregnancy.
- Beneficial to reduce stress, decrease swelling in the arms and legs, and relieve aches and pains in muscles and joints.
- Can help to decrease back pain during pregnancy, when choices for pain relief, such as medication, are often limited.
- Is comforting and provides emotional support during pregnancy.
Deep Tissue Massage
Uses slow deep pressure to decrease pain and increase range of motion, especially helpful for chronically tense and contracted areas such as stiff necks, low back tightness, and sore shoulders.
- Focuses on a specific problem or injury.
- Focuses on realigning deeper layers of muscles and connective tissue.
- Beneficial for chronic tension and muscle spasm, carpal tunnel, headaches and muscle pain.
This treatment is tailored to those who are looking to speed recovery from sports related injuries and those who want to enhance athletic performance.
- Reduces the stiffness and soreness from training.
- Reduces the risk of injury.
- Improves alignment of the body and enhances recovery.
Myofascial Release Therapy
The therapist uses this technique to gently stretch connective tissue and release adhesions and restrictions helping to decrease pain and improve range of motion.
- Relieves pain and restricted movement caused by constricted fascia (connective tissue) due to injury or holding patterns in the body.
- Beneficial for muscle spasms, fibromyalgia, frozen shoulder, back pain, headaches and TMJ.
A gentle, light hands on approach to treat dysfunctions and imbalance in the craniosacral system, facilitating the body’s own self healing capabilities.
- Uses a very light, soft touch to monitor the craniosacral rhythm and pinpoint sources of obstruction and stress in the body.
- Can be used to treat childhood conditions such as poor sleep, restlessness, colic and ear infections.
- Also beneficial for chronic back and neck pain, TMJ and stress related conditions.
A treatment for the mind, body and spirit, Reiki (Pronounced ray-key) is an energy based Japanese technique to decrease stress, increase relaxation and promote healing.
- Reiki is a hands on healing and relaxation method that uses ‘universal energy’ (or chi) to correct energetic imbalances in the body and recharge energetically depleted areas.
- Beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and emotional well being.
- It is a gentle therapy, which takes a holistic approach in that it treats the whole person, emotional, physical and spiritual.
Enjoy your massages side by side in the same room.
Physiotherapy involves the assessment and treatment of your musculoskeletal injury in order to improve and maintain your functional level and physical abilities. Physiotherapists at Urban Retreat in Halifax are trained to provide an initial assessment and diagnosis and will develop a treatment plan specific to the client’s injury that is exercise-based and hands-on.
Cupping therapy is the act of using negative pressure (suction) to lift the soft tissues of the body. This draws rigid connective tissue and muscle away from underlying structures, and pulls built up stagnate blood, metabolic waste and other fluids to the surface of the body. Cups can be made out of silicone, rubber, glass, or even bamboo and can be left in place or applied and mov ed along the body. This treatment is mixed in with our therapeutic massages when requested at booking.
- Decreased muscle tension
- Myofascial release – More effective, less painful, and quicker than other myofascial techniques.
- Increased benefits of traditional massage
- Increased flexibility and sports performance
- Effective treatment for injuries and chronic conditions, such as:
- General muscle pain and/or soreness
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Lower back pain
- TMJ disorder
- TFL/IT band syndrome
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Muscle spasms
- Trigger points
- Fibromyalgia pain
- Postural abnormalities
- Myofascial Pain
- Sinus congestion
- Scar tissue
- Swelling caused by decreased lymph flow
We appreciate our clients and want to say thank you with our Loyalty Rewards Program!
You are automatically enrolled in our loyalty rewards program on your first visit with us. Every 6th (1 Hour) Massage is 50% off! We keep track of it all for you and add your discount at check out. Visit more often and get rewarded for your loyalty!
*Please note that treatments less than one hour are not counted toward your loyalty rewards